Looking For A Great Summer Job?
We are currently seeking applications for the position of:
KID'S ADVENTURE CAMP COUNSELORS
The Counselor is responsible for the teaching, coordinating, and safety of all activities and guiding campers in their personal growth through adventure activities including: Kayaking, Shooting Sports, Fishing, Wilderness Survival, and Group Initiatives.
- Place safety and well-being of campers as top priority
- Act as a positive role model for campers
- Attend staff trainings
- Implement an approved weekly program schedule for assigned campers
- Prepare, implement and clean-up daily activities
- Must participate in activities with the campers
- Check and maintain camp facilities, equipment and personal first aid kit on a daily basis
- Communicate any supply needs to the camp office staff
- Maintain check-in and check-out records for all assigned campers on a daily basis
- Record daily attendance of campers and report absences, late arrivals, or early departures to camp office
- Communicate with camper's parents/guardians in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond as needed to any medical/emergency needs of the campers and staff
- Arrive on time and ready for work each day
• Follow camp dress code
- Create and foster a positive team attitude
- Adhere to Whitetail’s Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Counselors must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma
- Current Basic First Aid and CPR certifications(ability to obtain)
- Water safety certification a plus
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to take initiative
- Outgoing personality
- Able to maintain high standard of care for campers
- Must be flexible and able to think on the spot
- Experience in leadership roles
- Experience working with children
- Must have fun, friendly, nurturing personality with a good sense of humor
Experience in paddle sports, shooting sports, wilderness survival, fishing, and group development or any other outdoor activity are recommended.
Whitetail Adventure Camps are based on our 120 acre resort. Activities are located around the resort and will be held both indoors and out. Adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, rain, sun, wind, storms, and other environmental elements may occur. Our snowmaking reservoir will be utilized for water activities.
Applications / Resumes can be submitted to Human Resources at:email@example.com , or you can apply online by selecting the "Apply Online" button above.